Arthritis isn’t just an “old person” condition.
It is a complex group of musculoskeletal disorders that consists of more than 100 different diseases or conditions that can affect people of all ages, races, and genders.
In fact, about two thirds of those with some form of arthritis are under 65 years old. This includes 300,000 children with a total of 50 million Americans suffering every day.
Most types of arthritis include one of the following three types:
- Osteoarthritis (a breakdown of joint cartilage that’s caused by certain risk factors and very progressive)
- Juvenile Arthritis (occurs due to many autoimmune and inflammatory conditions in children 16 and under)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis also known as RA (a systemic form of arthritis that causes inflammation in the membranes of the joints that leads to stiffness and pain).
Arthritis can affect your day-to-day quality of life as well as your overall health.
Three things an arthritic person can do to help reduce the effects of arthritis are:
- staying healthy
- exercising daily which is very helpful to help keep the joints fluid
- prevent stagnation and maintain an alkaline body.
Some power foods to help reduce inflammation are:
- green tea
- leafy greens
- Omega 3 foods such as krill oil, hemp seeds, walnuts, pumpkin, chai and flax seeds – these are all great on those leafy greens you will be using in your salads.
- Keeping your body alkaline is also key.
Candida overgrowth in the body has a slew of unfavorable symptoms of which joint pain is just one. Fibromyalgia, all sorts of fungal infections, depression, attention deficit, hyperactivity (ADD/ADHD), food cravings, acid reflux, a feeling of floating or not quite being in your body are just a very few symptoms that an overgrowth of candida can exhibit. Candida causes or strongly contributes to the development of these problems.
An acidic body is an unnatural state for our bodies but has become a prevalent state in the last century due to the amount of sugar loaded foods in the American diet. We can return our bodies to it’s natural alkaline state by watching our diet and helping it with a simple morning drink.
To help our bodies become more alkaline verses acidic put 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar and 1 tsp baking soda in an 8 oz glass of water and drink every morning. I have noticed it tastes better if you consume this before your first cup of coffee and even before you brush your teeth in the morning.
If you simply can’t handle the apple cider vinegar try 1 tsp baking soda and the juice of 1/2 lemon in an 8 oz glass of water. This is actually a very refreshing drink especially if the water is very cold.
Keeping your body more alkaline is so important in many ways. I have read that cancer cannot live in an alkaline body, candida cannot live in an alkaline body and arthritis is inhibited in an alkaline body.
Lets help our body return to it’s natural alkaline state with this simple morning routine.
As with any dietary suggestions in my blog I cannot guarantee any particular results. The suggestions in my blog are just that, suggestions, and cannot be construed as a cure for any condition.
See you soon,